The benefits of yoga during pregnancy are enormous. Many of the yoga postures we practice are ones that women instinctively use during labour and birth. They widen the pelvic diameter, help position the baby properly and prepare you psychologically for birth. When you practice yoga you learn to breathe and release sensations of stiffness as your muscles stretch, this helps prepare the mind and body for birth.
These classes are aimed at providing not only physical exercises that give strength, flexibility and endurance for labour, but also teach an understanding and trust in the birthing process.
Pregnancy is transformation which begins with self-empowerment through education and practical work that enables a woman to be confident and fully aware of all aspects of her pregnancy and birth. If she has any doubts in her ability to birth naturally then she has already given her power over to professionals to birth for her. When a woman learns to fully trust in her innate ability to give birth she lets go of associated fears, and limiting beliefs that can prevent natural birth and personal growth.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Exercises that promote physical and mental stamina for labour and birth
- Postures that relieve pregnancy discomforts
- Develop breath focus to release anxieties and promote equanimity
- Meditation techniques
- To transform limiting fears to feelings of empowerment
- To strengthen natural instincts
- Birth skills
- Meet like-minded expectant mums as a support group